Monday, May 7, 2018

THE OLD HOME PLACE

Old abandoned houses always make me wax poetic
and wonder where are they now, how did their lives
unfold, and what memories drift in the dust
particles behind empty windows.
Here's a bit of rhyme submitted to dVerse, where
we're asked to consider the art of learning.  I continue
to learn the nuances of poetry from my fellow poets
here, and I am STILL trying to learn to negotiate
Photoshop for use in creating my digital art.
Submitted to Tuesday Poetics #220
May 8, 2018
**************

9 comments:

  1. I can feel this a lot too.. what happened to it all, old photographs are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love old photographs and how they make a vanished reality almost tangible. Your artwork is beautiful, Beverly!

    Romana at clayandbranches.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing old abandoned houses as well. They do take you back. My place was an old abandoned ranch house. So much history there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Barefoot days" brings back memories of my own. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nostalgic mood of your poem, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those abandoned homes make me want to learn their history as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing.Thank for your very good article...!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete